Cupcakes: immune-boosting raw recipe
“Curcumin is the active ingredient in the traditional herbal remedy and dietary spice turmeric (Curcuma longa). Curcumin has a surprisingly wide range of beneficial properties, including anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic activity.”
Its complex chemical structure present this spice the ability of influencing multiple signalling pathways, such as survival pathways involved in counteracting metastatic and angiogenic pathways; (the former is the spreading of a cancer and the latter the increased vascularisation in the areas surrounding, in order to “fuel” it).
Curcumin is used in this recipe to paint in a beautiful ochre our cupcakes (reminding the traditional Creme Patiessere).
It is a remarkably non-toxic ingredient and exhibits great promise as a therapeutic agent; currently is studied by a number of human clinical trials for a variety of conditions, including multiple myeloma, pancreatic cancer, myelodysplastic syndromes,colon cancer, psoriasis and Alzheimer’s disease.
Ingredients for base
- 1 cup wheat germ (rice flour for gluten-free)
- 4 carrots
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon carob molasses
Ingredients for frosting
- 1 teaspoon curcumin
- 3 Medjool dates
- 1 cup soaked cashew nuts
- 1 glass almond milk
- 5 raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod (or essence)
- a dash of orange flower essence
- Blend all ingredients of the base in a high-speed food processor
- Place the dough obtained in the cupcake liners.
- Let it set in the fridge
- Blend smoothly all ingredients of the frosting until it reaches a creamy consistency
- Place the cream in a piping bag
- Top the cupcakes with the frosting (be creative with decorations!)
- Garnish with flaked almonds and a sprinkle of julienne carrot.
- Set in the fridge or freezer until your guests arrive!
Did you like this article?
This original content has been offered for free without advertisements thanks to our readers’ contributions. You, too, can support us in many ways. Check out how here! Thank you